Field Notes

Program info and updates regarding Lori Taylor's website, www.loritaylorart.com

Monday, October 20, 2008

Porkies Art

Greetings and Happy Autumn!

Back from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness with large sketches in hand, over 400 photos, and the memories and inspiration of a lifetime---I am ready to create a 'Wilderness' art piece in mixed media.

During my stay, I presented a "Wonders of Wilderness" program for the park at their visitor center. I was thrilled with the attendence of such enthusiastic folk. After my presentation I asked people to write their thoughts on "WILDERNESS..." and what it meant to them. I received hand-written responses which I brought back with me. I was so moved by their thoughts, I decided that I must infuse them into the original art that is to be donated to the Friends of the Porkies.

"Wilderness...Preservation of the World" is now a work in progress and I will be posting the varied stages of its completion on this site. Prints will be available this winter, so watch for more ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home